Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pictures Pictures Pictures!!!

Hey Everyone!

I finally gave up on trying to post pictures to this blog. Instead I have re-opened my Flickr account and have uploaded a few pictures to that website. Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17020646@N02/sets/72157614788506141

Look in the future for more pics from my time in Uganda in the same set.

Other than the pictures everything is going well. Today I had my ACTL test in Luganda. I was surprised at how much Luganda I was able to understand and speak! In the next few days I will learn what I was rated (novice low, novice mid or high). Next Sunday I will be going to Jinja (another town in Uganda) which is exciting.

Last week was my first time taking the taxi home instead of riding home with my host mom. The first time was an adventure since I kept having to ask for directions from boda-boda men (they drive people around on motorcycles). But I eventually found my way and succesfully made my way home.

Alright hope ya'll enjoy the pics
Cynthia

3 comments:

  1. The pics are fantastic! Glad that you were able to upload them! I had such a hard time in Ghana, I just gave up!

    Looking forward in seeing more pics and getting your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CYNTHIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you???? Sorry I haven't posted anything yet :-(
    Your pictures are awesome and I'm soooooooooo happy you are having such a great time! I can't wait until you get back so you can tell me all about your semester abroad! I promise I'll respond quicker next time, school is just really kicking my butt, 19 hours sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KEEP HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :-) Brittany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    @Lamar - Pics are very hard to upload here as well. But Im glad that if I spent an hour at the cafe the eventually load.

    @Britt - I miss you too!! But I def. think you should join me here in Kampala. Good luck with school (and all its craziness)its almost over!! And then we'll be seniors!!!

    ReplyDelete